Glen's Moving Ltd provides professional moving services to homeowners and businesses in the Windsor area. Whether you are moving across a short or long distance, we believe your move should be convenient and stress-free. You can download our moving checklist for an organized move. Contact us today for more information.
Steps for Stress-free Moving
Preparing beforehand and awareness of your consumer rights can turn moving from a tedious job to a good experience if you follow the tips below:
- Make sure everything is ready to go when the movers arrive. This will help you avoid any waiting charges from the moving company.
- Valuables like cellphones, jewelry, wallet and other items are safer if they are carried personally by you.
- Protect the floors and rugs by using drop cloths or runners at both locations
- Let the moving company know of any fragile items that need packing. You should personally supervise the packing of such articles
- Keep everything ready for your move at both locations, such as booking the elevator, notifying your landlord/building manager of the arrival time of your movers, arrange for parking space and perhaps even snow removal.
- According to provincial transportation regulations, the mover should make an inventory or checklist for long distance moves prior to transporting belongings. Make sure to tag each and every item and keep the copy of the inventory safe and secure with you.
- At your destination, check off the items being unloaded and check for any damage or missing items when your belongings are being unloaded at your new destination.
- If your belongings are lost or damaged during the move, you have 30 days to file a claim for local moves and 60 days for long-distance moves.